So, you think you know Disney princesses? There’s only one way to find out! Well, okay, there are several ways, probably, but for now let’s take a look at these 15 cool facts about the regal cast of Disney movies!
1. Did you know that Snow White is supposed to be only 14 years old? This makes her the youngest of all the Disney princesses.
2. Belle is the only Disney Princess to have these beautiful hazel eyes.
3. Mulan’s story is based on an ancient Chinese legend of Hua Mulan, a female warrior famously described in the poem “The Ballad of Mulan.”
4. Ariel is the only Disney Princess who was not born a human.
5. Pocahontas is the only princess based on a real person. Mulan would be another one, but it’s just a legend, so we don’t know if she really existed.
6. Surprisingly, Tiana is the only Disney princess with dimples.
7. Both Mulan and Tiana are left-handed.
8. Snow White is the only Disney princess to get a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
9. Belle from “Beauty and the Beast” is supposed to be 17.
10. The name “Ariel” means “Lion of God” in Hebrew.
11. Rapunzel’s eyes are the biggest, compared to the other Disney princesses.
12. Jasmine is based on the princess from an Arabic folktale called “One Thousand and One Nights”. (Art by the lovely Mioree)
13. Rapunzel and Snow White are both from Bavaria. They’re pretty much roommates!
14. Princess Aurora is the first Disney Princess to have gorgeous violet eyes.
15. According to the CG artists who worked on “Brave”, Merida has more than 1,500 individually sculpted, red strands that generate about 111,700 total hairs. And if Merida’s curls were straightened, her hair would be four feet long and reach the middle of her calf.