War: what is it good for?
Apparently, it’s great for making money of human suffering, by selling and buying death machines. But a-a-anyway, I’m not here to state the obvious. By now you’ve probably realized that every country needs a competent military force, either for protecting the borders, fighting off terrorists, helping the citizens in case of a natural disasters and some other stuff, like dissecting aliens and fighting giant monsters. Every country needs an army, but not all countries can afford the expenses or even the personnel to get to the top most powerful militaries in the world..
The following entries were calculated taking into account factors like the number of active personnel (5% of total score), tanks (10%), attack helicopters (15%), aircraft (20%), aircraft carriers (25%), and submarines (25%). So, without further ado, let’s dig in!
Budget: $50 billion
Active personnel: 1,325,000
Total aircraft: 1,905
With its access to nuclear weapons, India’s expected to become the fourth-highest military spender on earth by 2020, making it one of the largest military powers on the planet.
Currently it has the most active manpower of any country right after China and the US, and the most tanks and aircraft after the US, China, and Russia.
Budget: $41.6 billion
Active personnel: 247,173
Total aircraft: 1,613
Despite being a relatively small country, Japan’s military has the fourth-largest submarine fleet in the world! That, combined with their four aircraft carriers, put Japan this high up on the list. Oh, and the fourth-largest attack-helicopter fleet behind China, Russia, and the US also helped.
Active personnel: 2,333,000
Total aircraft: 2,860
China has always been (and probably will be) in the top 3 of the most powerful countries. Its military has grown rapidly in the past few decades. As you can see from the stats above, the active personnel number is over 2 million, making China the largest military in the world. Their tank, and submarine fleets are #2 in the world, right behind Russia and the US respectively.
Budget: $84.5 billion
Active personnel: 766,055
Total aircraft: 3,429
In this eternal tug-of-war between Russia
Budget: $601 billion
Active personnel: 1,400,000
Total aircraft: 13,892
The Freedom Eagle has landed! Prepare to accept democracy, whether you like it or not. Just look at that budget – 601 BILLION dollars! As may already know, the US air force and navy are the tits. These two are the only reason the US is still on the first place, if you ask me. And let’s not forget they have the world’s largest nuclear arsenal just sitting there in their silos. You do not want to mess with the Freedom Eagle, that’s all I’m gonna say.
War: what is it good for?